Friday, November 25, 2011

Potty training 101

It has finally happened. Oliver Charles is using the potty! November 17th was his last day of school before Thanksgiving break, so when I went to pick him up, I told him we were going to go home, put on big boy underwear, and go on the potty. He didn't really like that idea at all, but I finally got him into underwear. The first day he peed on himself twice, and that was that. The second day, I set a timer every half hour and made him sit on the potty. We had a potty time song and dance and everything. He was so annoyed at me by the end of the day, but had 10 stickers on his chart. He got a M&M every time he sat on the potty, and another 2 M&M's plus a sticker every time he peed or pooped. Every 5 stickers, he got a prize. He went to soccer on Saturday, and did great, and also did wonderful over all of our Thanksgiving travels. He has only had about one accident a week. He is wearing pull-ups at night, but wakes up dry every morning. We are so proud of our big boy! Here he is with his potty-training present, a dump truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment