Sunday, April 7, 2013

Great weekend

The first weekend of April, we headed up to Madison for a visit. Grandma Mac has been feeling pretty bad, so we wanted to get up to see her and let her meet Elliot. We picked the kids up early from school on Thursday, swung through Frankfort to pick up Marie, and were off! I was a little afraid of the drive between Elliot and a newly potty trained Eva, and I should have been, because it took 9 hours to get there!! (Usually a 5.5-6 hour drive depending on Chicago traffic...) We had a great time while there though, and Elliot got to meet all three of his Great-Grandma's, as well as his Auntie Jody, Uncle Chuck, Auntie Jenna and Uncle Chris! He thought that all of his great-grandmas were hilarious!

Hanging out with Great-Grandma Mac
Lunching with Great-Grandma Haug.
Elliot surrounded by beanie babies, thanks to Cassie.
 Biggest and littlest cousins
 Elliot and the greats.
 Alex and mini-Alex
 
 All of the great-grandkids!
 Grandma, Elliot and Great-Grandma
 
Great-Grandma Greichuos.
 Ollie and Evie were spoiled as usual in Griffith. They got such fun Easter presents!
 The ride home was a little better since we broke it up a bit, stopping in Griffith for a few hours to visit, and then stopping at Grandma and Papas for a few hours before finally heading to Indy. Of course, halfway to Indy I hear "I gotta go potty" from the backseat. There was nowhere to stop, so we pulled off on a random exit, found a drive in the middle of some cornfields, and threw her on the potty. After "Why am I outside? Why am I on the road?", she decided she was fine, and we made it home. She did really great traveling, only having 2 accidents the entire trip, and they were both while we were in Madison!

No comments:

Post a Comment