Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First day of school!

Yesterday was Oliver's first day of "school". He and Luke are going to Meridian Street Methodist Church's CDI (Child's Day In) program every Tuesday from 9-2:30. Trish and I were both very nervous about their first day, especially because our spoiled boys have only ever stayed with family. We dropped them off and lingered for a bit in their class to talk to their teachers, Miss Heather and Miss Monika. Oliver hopped right down out of my arms and started to play right away. There were no tears from either boy when we left. Trish and I went out and had a great mimosa breakfast to calm us down.

I spent the day cleaning and grocery shopping, and before I knew it, it was 2:00. When we walked into the building to pick the boys up, we heard some tears and commotion from their classroom. That made us a bit nervous, but then we walked in the room and saw that the only 2 passed out kiddos were Luke and Oliver. They were both dead asleep, even with all of the noise! Miss Monika said that they both did beautifully, and both ate their entire lunch. I think she was a little surprised at how much Ollie ate. She only started with half of his blueberries, but of course he ate the entire container, and probably wanted more after that! So school is a success, I'm sure that they are very excited for next week!

The only bad thing about school is that somebody taught Oliver how to take more steps. He was only taking one little step at a time, and when he got home yesterday, he was taking 2-4 in a row. He's going to take off pretty soon!!

Oliver and Luke with some of their new buddies:

The toys at school are so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment