With a bit of coercion, Oliver took some tentative but unassisted steps over the weekend! He was reaching for a DVD, and would take one little step at a time. He acts like he is wearing concrete shoes though, so I think we still have awhile before he takes off!
In other news, he has started playing the recorder. He was playing with it on the way to church on Sunday, and all of the sudden Jon and I heard some tooting coming from the back seat. At first he was just singing into it; but then he figured out how to blow into the mouthpiece. Sometimes it takes a few tries to figure out which end is the right one to blow into, but he can definitely make it work!
In other news, he has started playing the recorder. He was playing with it on the way to church on Sunday, and all of the sudden Jon and I heard some tooting coming from the back seat. At first he was just singing into it; but then he figured out how to blow into the mouthpiece. Sometimes it takes a few tries to figure out which end is the right one to blow into, but he can definitely make it work!
This morning in the bathtub, he was playing with his frogs as usual, and then he bent over, stuck his face in the water, and started blowing bubbles. I was so surprised, I've never seen him do that before! He kind of scared me, because he was alternating blowing bubbles with choking on the bath water, but he had a good time. And yes, he is still in his baby tub, and will be for a bit longer until he grows out of it, or learns how to escape from it!!
His cute cow towel, this is the best I could do before he pulled it off of his head!!





oh my goodness! I want to hear Ollie's musical talents ASAP!
ReplyDelete