November 19th, 2010. It finally happened. I put Ollie down for his nap, fed Evie, got her settled, and then looked on the monitor to see if he was asleep. I was trying to make out his shape in his crib when I saw him stroll up next to it. Evie and I bolted up the stairs, and he was running around his room playing. He hid next to his crib when I walked in; I think that he thought he was in trouble. I said "Ollie, did you climb out of your crib?" He said "Uh-huh". I was like "Are you OK, did you get hurt?" He said "nope". So then I put him in his crib and made him show me. He climbed out like an old pro! So I had him do it a few more times so I could get it on video, and then we took his crib apart!!
He is now in his toddler bed, and doing great! He hasn't been escaping, and has still been napping and pretty much going right to bed at night. Phase one of his two-year milestones is complete! Next is getting rid of the binkie (I'm dreading this one), and then potty training! I can't believe how big our little man is getting.
Helping Daddy convert his crib to a "big boy bed".
Reading a book with his "el-phint".





No comments:
Post a Comment