Jon stayed home from work on Monday so we could have a little time to adjust to being a family of 5. He gets a week of paternity leave, but my parents came in Monday evening to help out for a few days; so we sent Jon to work so he can stay home and help later. It was so great having them to help out. I was able to get Ollie and Evie to school without having to take Elliot out in the cold. O and E also got a lot of Grandma and Papa playtime.
Snuggling in the "magic swing"(nicknamed by Trish and Mike 4 years ago when Luke was born). Everyone should have one of these!
Meeting Grandma and Papa. Mom and Dad had a busy week as Kylie had her baby, Corbin Henry, on 1/17, a week before I had Elliot. They are now officially the Grandparents of 8! And it will be so much fun for Elliot and Corbin to grow up together.
Night 5/Day 5 was a little rough as the hungry hungry hippo decided to cluster feed all day/night long. I nursed him at least 16 times. So Jon and I decided to pull out the playmat and try to keep Elliot awake for a bit after his daytime feedings in the hopes that he would sleep a little better/longer at night. It seems to have worked so far. Little man also would much rather sleep with someone holding him-he doesn't really love the bassinet. The swing will suffice for a bit during the day, but he wouldn't sleep in that at night either. On night #9 I pulled out a sleep positioner that we have that has little pillows to hug his sides. That is the best night of sleep we have gotten so far! He just loves to be held and snuggled.
Our little helpers.
Eva helping Grandma with her knitting.
Finally got the newborn shots at 5 days old.
So handsome!
E with his sweet little bear from Great-Grandma Haug. It is the only toy that he has gotten new, so I am going to try to use it in his monthly pics. It is pretty small, but looks huge next to him right now!
Trying on Elliot's hat.
Oh man!
Attempt at a sibling pic.
Worn out!
Elliot's sweet little old man hair. It is pretty long in the back! Ollie's hair was darker than this when he was born, so I am super curious to see if we end up with another blondie, or if one of our kiddos will take after Daddy. I am holding out for one with blue eyes too! Right now his eyes are the same color that Ollie's were at birth, so we will see...
Helping Daddy get Elliot dressed.





No comments:
Post a Comment