Earlier in the year, Jon and I had gone to a charity event at the Indy Motor Speedway benefiting the Chase Near Eastside Legacy Center. We just so happened to buy a couple of fast laps at the track for later on, and August 23rd was the big day. We got to ride in the actual pace car for the Brickyard 400, a Chevy Camaro SS. Our driver was a nice gentleman who worked at the track, and part of his job involves driving people like us around the track. We took turns strapping in and riding 4 laps, reaching speeds of 130 on the straight aways. It was so freaky! But very cool. I don't know that I would ever want to do it again, but Jon was all over it! I've become a wimp in my old age. And seeing the wall racing towards you as you are going into the turns was a little scary!
Standing on the yard of bricks!!





No comments:
Post a Comment