Monday, February 15, 2010

House project number ... who knows, I've lost count!

So another weekend, another house project! With the impending arrival of baby #2, we have had to make some big decisions. Like, where to put the new little one. We have 2 upstairs bedrooms, and 2 downstairs bedrooms. So somebody is going to have to move to one of the downstairs bedrooms.

After much deliberation, we decided that we are going to make our guest bedroom into a nursery. I was very nervous about putting Oliver on a different floor than us, because a)he can walk, and b)I know someday soon he will figure out how to escape from his crib. I don't like the idea at all of him getting up to wander around with Jon and I a flight of stairs and two gates away. So baby is going downstairs. It's really only going to be hard on me, because I will be the one getting up in the middle of the night for feedings!

Anyways, one big problem with our guest room is that the floor and ceiling are not insulated, and it can get really cold in there! It is over a crawl space, so Jon spent part of Saturday and most of Sunday knocking out a few of the cement blocks in the basement so he could access the space, and actually crawling under the room and putting up insulation. We had the same issue with our breakfast nook, so he went ahead and insulated that area too. Hopefully it will be nice and toasty warm next winter when there is a little person sleeping in the downstairs bedroom!



New access to the crawl space. The area before insulation.
The area after insulation.
Mr. Fix-it himself...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that room looks like it's going to be really warm!!! Can't wait to see a finished nursery!!!

    ReplyDelete