So after Lanie's game, we went to Hacienda for lunch. Hacienda is an Elkhart institution, and I try to hit it up every time we are home. I love their chips, salsa and ranch, and so did Oliver. He also ate several helpings of guacamole, and some bean and cheese dip before digging into Lanie's cheese soup. Lanie always orders the burrito combo with cheese soup, but never touches the soup. So we let Oliver have a go at it. He was doing quite well with the spoon, but by the time he was finished, was the messiest I have ever seen him after eating! We just made sure to leave the waiter an extra tip, especially after Lanie spilled her Sprite all over the floor...
Yum, who else wants some?? 
See, I can use a spoon!
Dipping Papa's fries in the soup. Oliver's new obsession is dipping food into whatever is available: dressing, ketchup, cheese sauce, etc.
We spent Saturday evening at Erin and Ben's house where we ordered Volcano's pizza, another Elkhart favorite! Oliver and Reggie had a good time playing together (or should I say, playing next to each other). Oliver loves "big kids", so he copied everything that Reggie did. He also got to try powdered donettes (mini donuts) for the first time, and when he saw that Reggie got a second one, he shoved half of a donette in his mouth so he could have another one too! Needless to say, they were delicious!!
Playing cars together. It's hard to belive that Reggie is only a year older than Oliver!

Working the remote control car together.

I think Oliver's face says it all...

Reggie is like "get out of my space, baby!!" He'd better get used to it though, he's a big brother now!
No comments:
Post a Comment