Saturday, January 15, 2011

Stir crazy!!

January is always an insanely busy work month for Jon. I mean, he works in the tax department, and this is when they close the books for the prior year and make sure all of the numbers add up correctly before Lilly can publish their earnings report for the year. So it means a lot of late nights and working a few Saturdays. Which means that January is an insanely busy month for me too, being locked inside with the kids. The snow and cold temperatures don't help much, because it makes it hard for us to go anywhere! We usually plan on a few visits from friends though, and try to hold it together as much as possible. It's a long two weeks, but we always get through it! We do start to go a little stir crazy though...

Jenny and Spiff came to visit. Spiff, as always, is so calm and patient as Oliver obsesses over him. Ollie wouldn't eat dinner this night because he was too busy playing puppy. He kept bringing toys to us in his mouth as we were eating. And yes, he is still in his pj's. He got these Buzz Lightyear pajamas for Christmas, and always refuses to take them off. They are "so soft" he says, and he loves Buzz and Woody!

We have lots of jammie days.
Evie is trying her hardest to crawl! She spends a lot of time on the floor these days.
Here she is in action. She gets up on all 4's and just rocks away. She has figured out how to move her knees forward, but still hasn't figured out how to move her arms. This has resulted in a few face plants... I keep telling her she's too little to crawl, but I guess she is just as stubborn as the rest of us!

Speaking of stubborn, here is a picture of Oliver when I told him it was naptime. First he yelled "no, no, no, no nap!!" and stomped his feet a few times, and then he ran under the dining room table and pulled all of the chairs in so I couldn't get to him. Half the time these days, his "nap" consists of him playing in his dark bedroom for 2 hours. I will go up to check on him and put him back into bed, and I ususally find him face down pretending to sleep. In his toy baskets, on the chair that he has pulled all of the cushions off of, in the back of the closet, the list could go on!!
I tried to get a cute picture of the two of them, but all I could get out of Ollie was a look of disgust that he actually had to hold his sister for 5 seconds. He is so funny; he loves her and loves to play with her, but only on his time. If we ask him to sit by her or give her a kiss, it is so not going to happen!! Yep, stir crazy.


3 comments:

  1. I love that he is pretending to sleep. That little man is way too smart for his own good. I also cannot believe that Evie is about to crawl. Your life is about to get a lot harder I think:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about the crawling. It will be a bit hectic, but then I will also feel better that she can get out of Ollie's way!! Oliver is a little stinker pot. He is too darn funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "stir crazy" picture. That's what cabin fever will do to you. Lol!

    ReplyDelete