Wednesday, February 6, 2013

2.5 year check-up and 12 day check

On Wednesday the 6th, Eva had her 2 1/2 year check-up. Elliot was supposed to go in for a weight check at the end of his first week, but since he has been feeding so well and having so many diapers, we decided he could wait a few more days and come in with Evie.

At 10 days old, Elliot is just over birth weight at 8 pounds, 11.5 ounces, and is 21 1/4 inches long. Crazy! The nurse said that we were overachievers since they like them back to birth weight at 2 weeks. Yay!

On the way to the doctor's office. It was his first outing since coming home from the hospital!
Miss Eva is doing great also. At 2 1/2, she is 36 inches and 29.6 pounds. I thought for sure she would be over 30, but she's still a lightweight. She is still ahead of the game, and has hit all of her milestones, including being able to scribble in circles (she does a great job of coloring, and loves to draw/paint/play play-doh, any type of art activity). She is such a talker. Dr. Bergstein laughed when she asked if she could combine several words together, since she is speaking in complete sentences. She loves to talk, sing, and make up stories. "Once upon a time, there was a princess named Evie, and a princess named Bubba, and a big scary dinosaur. The end."
Evie is still a total stinker with a mind of her own. I am getting a little worried about her teenage years, especially when she woke up from her nap in a bad mood the other day and was crying, saying "don't look at me, don't talk to me". Oh dear... She has also started to play Jon and me against each other. If Jon tells her no, she will look at him and say "my mom said I could do [insert whatever she is trying to get away with here]" and vice versa. She is too smart for her own good!

She loves to wrestle and play with Ollie. She is still very active. She likes to dance, and hop around, of course saying "Hop, Hop, Hop" with each jump. She loves to eat, and can put it away! She will try new foods and really isn't picky like certain 4 year olds...

She is still in a size 5 diaper. Hopefully potty training will come soon. We have tried twice thus far, and failed both times. She is dry almost every morning, and sometimes will change out of her diaper into underwear before bed. She also likes to change her clothes in the middle of the night, and puts together some interesting ensembles. She is also still very independant, and will NOT let us help her get dressed/put on her shoes/etc. She wears an 8.5 shoe and is almost all into size 3 clothes because she is so tall! They are pretty big around the waist.


One of my favorites. You can't really tell, but she had on a cardigan with two t-shirts over the top of it, and lace tights. The next morning when I told her to get dressed for school, she said "I'm dressed already." Luckily, I was able to talk her into a different outfit.
Another of her gorgeous night time ensembles, complete with leg warmers under her pants.
 She is gorgeous, and funny, and so loveable. I have always said she's lucky that she's so cute, because it's gotten her off the hook more than once. She definitely has hit the terrible two's, and is no stranger to the time out corner. I do tend to forget that she is only 2 sometimes, because she acts so much older! She really is a sweet girl. One of our favorite things is when she walks up to us, gives us a big hug, and says "I love you". We love you too, baby girl! (To this she would say "I am not a baby, I'm a big girl!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment