Chilling in his swing. The swing and the wrap are the two biggest things that have helped me survive the days alone with three kids so far!
The kids LOVE their little brother. Oliver is always kissing his head, and whispering "I love you" into his ear. Eva is on top of him all the time, and always wants to hold "the baby". We are working on having them call him Elliot, because most of the time they refer to him as "the baby". Eva has been having a little trouble saying Elliot. The first few days we were home, he was "alien". That has now morphed into "Elien" or "Elient". Last night I got yelled at for saying "Elliot". She was insistant that I was saying his name wrong. Oh dear...Question #1 when we got home from the hospital from Oliver: "How did the doctor get the baby out?" I started to tell him that there is a special hole that the baby comes out of, hoping that this was enough explination. I should have known better, because this was followed up by "Where is the special hole? Can I see the special hole??" Jon was yelling from the other room "Magic!! The doctor used magic to get the baby out!!!" We'll see when that gets revisited...
Little man is still nursing like a champ. This has brought about some interesting discussions also. If you ask Evie what Elliot eats, she will say "He eats your BOOB!!" I'm not even sure when she started using the word boob, or where she heard it from. Oliver always wants to help, asking if he can squeeze the milk out of my boobs. No buddy, sorry... Then the other day Evie took her shirt off and was trying to stick breast pads to her chest. They have both also pretended to nurse various dolls/stuffed animals. I can't wait to see what happens when I start pumping! I'm a little afraid of what they have been telling people at school. Oliver has also asked several of my friends that have visited if they would like to feed the baby. We have explained that only Mommy can feed the baby. I'm sure it's all pretty confusing!
Oliver has also made some funny statements about how Elliot is related to him. One of our friends asked if it was his new little brother, and Ollie stated "No, I'm his brother!" It's a two way street, buddy. The other day he was saying that Elliot was his brother AND his cousin. Great, don't mention that to anyone either! It has been fun though. Ollie and Evie are great at playing together and entertaining each other also. Love our little family of 5!





No comments:
Post a Comment