Friday, March 12, 2010

Talk, talk, talk.

Oliver is FINALLY feeling better, and has been such a goofball the last couple of days. I can't help but laugh at him. Yesterday he ran over and picked up a pen from the end table, turned around and with a very serious look on his face, said "NO". This has been happening a lot lately; he will touch something that he's not supposed to and say "NO". Now if he would just start listening a little better...

He has also been saying a lot of new words. I've heard at least 5 new ones in the last 2 days. One of the funnier instances was last night at dinner. We have been working on using silverware, and I decided to throw in a plate and bowl too instead of just putting his food on his tray. He ate off of his plate for about 5 minutes before he dumped all of the food off and started playing peek-a-boo with it. You can almost see the wheels turning in his little head. Jon asked if he was going to put his plate on his head, and he said "YES", and then did it!! It's so cool to know that he really does understand what we are saying. I have to remind him to chew his food sometimes because he eats really fast and prefers to just inhale his food, and now he will say "CHEW" back and chomp his little teeth together.

"MORE" is another favorite word. Somehow he also knows how to sign more, and always does after he says it. Here are some pics from dinner the other night. At least he had fun!



1 comment:

  1. I take it bath time was soon to follow?

    That's hilarious about the "no" pen.

    ReplyDelete