Our kids are not big on naps any more, but sometimes on Mondays and Fridays I am able to get them down (after the busy weekend and busy week). This Monday it was not happening, but I was super tired and needed a little rest, so I was just letting them run around and play in their room. Oliver is tall enough to turn the light on, and there really isn't anything in there that they can get hurt on. Or so I thought. I was lying in bed across the hall when I heard a crash and cry. Evie was lying on the floor bawling next to her toddler bed. You know when she cries for more than 5 seconds it is pretty bad, as she is super tough. I made her stand up by herself, and then looked her over to make sure she didn't have any horrible injuries. The worst thing I saw was a big red streak on her right arm from her wrist to her elbow, but did all of my circulation checks and everything worked fine. It did turn into a huge ugly bruise...
So a few hours later, the story finally came out. They were playing Red Fish, Blue Fish (thank you Universal), and pretending that the sides of her bed were the ride. You know, the ride goes way up high, so we had to sit on something tall. Still not quite sure if Eva was climbing up herself, or was getting a little boost from Oliver. And he claims that they both came up with the idea together at the same time. Right... And this all led to Eva getting a new bed. Yes, she is now sleeping on her mattress which is laying on the floor. Hey, it is the safest thing we can do for now! She is pretty proud of her "new bed" and was so excited to show it to Gramma and Papa. Heaven help me...





No comments:
Post a Comment