On Monday, Jon had his conference all day, so Marie, the kiddos and I headed over to Universal Studios. Seriously, there was nobody there in the morning. I am not exaggerating. Here I am with the kids in the park, and the streets are completely empty! Well, except for the worker behind us.
As we were walking in and deciding where to go, we got our own private mini-parade. The Despicable Me float and dancers were so cute!
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons were displayed all over the park. Here's Evie with Horton.
She insisted on riding on the front of the stroller like this. I love her little pout in this picture! It isn't something that you see from her very often.
Ollie's BFF Luke loves Scooby Doo, so O agreed to have his picture taken with him, just for Lukey.
Giant candy!!
If only it were real...
Shark attack!
We walked right in to this Disaster ride. They were pretty much begging people to come into the rides; that's how empty the park was. Gramma got picked to be in the show. A lot of the rides had a little show first, and then the ride, so I could at least do that part of them. Then I got to either sit with the stroller or in a waiting room while everyone went on the ride.
We ended up spending a lot of time here at Curious George's play land. This is a view of the outside where there were various water features and a little playground.
This is what they loved though. It was a huge room full of balls, sucking machines, and shooters. We had to pretty much drag Oliver out of there!
This is a little blurry, but I love how very excited he was after shooting off the cannon (or canyon, as he says).
Loading it up for round 2!
We then grabbed a snack, headed into the Barney stage show, and then spent some time playing in the Barney play zone.
Hug, turn, and cheese!
We caught the afternoon parade which featured characters from Sponge Bob, Dora and Diego, Despicable Me, and Hop. Evie and Ollie got lots of high 5's!
Ready for the Despicable Me 4D ride. This one had a few stationary seats, so I was able to join in the fun!
We even got to meet a minion!





No comments:
Post a Comment