Saturday, December 1, 2012

Off we go!

On December 1, we packed up a bunch of suitcases, the kids, Gramma 'Rie, and headed to the airport to fly to Orlando for Jon's tax conference. This year it was at Universal Studios, and we stayed at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. I was a little nervous about this trip, as I was 31 weeks pregnant. I knew that I couldn't go on any rides, and wasn't quite sure what to expect as I had heard that Universal is more geared for older children. I have to say though, we had a total blast, perfect weather, and a great week! Day one consisted of a flight, some swimming, and dinner at a great Italian restaurant at our hotel.

Off we go! This is the first trip that we have been on that Evie needed her own seat. She did great!
Ollie and Gramma sat across the aisle from us. He is a great flyer too!
 
Here is the view of our hotel from the water taxi. It was really cute and Italian themed. Our room was very nice, and big enough for us all!
 After checking in, we spent a little time at the pool. It was probably in the low 70's at this point, so I was a little freezing. I just wore a sweatshirt over my bathing suit and only went in up to my knees. The cold didn't phase the kiddos one bit!
 Water babies!
 She didn't mind the sand so much this time.
 E looks so old here!
 After a little pool time, we changed and headed down to Trattoria del Porto for dinner. We encountered this big guy and his wife on the way out. I should have known from this encounter how the rest of the trip would go. Evie ran up, hugged Santa, and turned around to say "cheese". Oliver wouldn't go near him...

 The hotel had a lot of old Vespas around which made for some fun pics!
 
 
 
At the restaurant there was a kid's play area, and they just happened to have an elf there that night who was painting faces and making balloon animals. It was the perfect place to dine after a day full of travel. The food was delicious too!

Balloon animal sword fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment